We are now looking for caring and energetic people to join our organisation to provide a high level of support to young people in our various placement homes.
The Support Worker’s primarily responsibility is to provide advice, assistance and support to young people in attending to their practical, physical and emotional needs.
To act as an appropriate role model and to work closely with them to equip them with skills and confidence to live independently.
All activities are aimed at fulfilling the organisations main aim:
“ To create a safe, nurturing and enabling environment where young people gain key life skills that ensure that they achieve their full potential and enjoy a purposeful future”
- Advice and support young people with essential skills needed to live independently including managing finances, positive life choices , cooking healthy meals and other independant life skills.
- Define structures and boundaries of behaviour to young people, acting as a positive role model, so they understand daily routines expected.
- Support and encourage young people in meaningful activities
- Support young people in their educational ,vocational needs.
- Maintain knowledge of and apply the relevant legislative, contractual and inspection framework requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 2 years residential or non-residential care experience
- Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification or similar qualification or willingness to work towards such a qualification
- Current enhanced DBS certificate
- Energetic and vibrant character with a nurturing attitude
- Accommodating but firm approach in dealing with young people
Rock Housing can be sure that if you join us you’ll find a secure, warm and professional working environment with the necessary support, training and encouragement to develop a successful career with us.
Salary: £7.90 – £9.00 dependant on experience and location. Please note some shifts are one week live-in where you are required to reside at the placement home.
Location: Coventry, Birmingham
How to apply: Email a completed application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Latest Job|