This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who has experience managing or assisting in the management of a young people’s home.
The successful candidate must have a passion for improving the young people’s quality of life and their independent skills and competent enough to deal with their emotional and behavioural challenges.
- Ideally you must hold NVQ Level 5 or be willing to work towards this
- Have at least 2 years working with young people or vulnerable people.
- Experience at management level.
- Working in partnership with other professionals e.g. health, local authority young people’s families and complete appropriate professional reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to positively engage with young people, and be a good role model
- The ability to empathise with young people who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties
- The ability to utilise behaviour management techniques for young people to ensure their safety and that of others.
- Providing care, support and supervision, including household tasks, cooking, shopping, laundry and teaching independent living skills to the young people.
- To support young people to attend school and professional appointments etc. that may involve long distances, or use public transport
- Attend and take an active part in team meetings, handovers and supervisions
- To mentor and supervise a team of staff throughout the various homes.
Salary: The approximate annual earnings for a Deputy Manageris £23000 – £25000 per annum based on experience.
Please note flexibility is essential, as applicants must be able to work on a rota basis which will include weekends, sleepovers, and bank holidays and be available for on-call.
How to apply: CV must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Latest Job|